Sunday Link Spam
How is everyone? I hope you had a good weekend. The weather has been very pleasant here. Warm with a fresh breeze and finally cool enough to have the fire on at night.
I spent a fair bit of the weekend inside editing photos. I finally finished this afternoon. I take too many photos. Or don’t edit often enough.
Although the editing is done there are 1.3gig worth of photos to upload so they will have to wait until we’re off peak. I will set them uploading tonight. That leaves me without anything to post today.
Tomorrow I will share the photos I took of Beyers Avenue in all it’s Autumn dress and of Bec’s farm stand.
If you really can’t wait you can find a few photos in my Facebook album
For now I’ll share a load of links I’ve found in the past week. Hope you find something interesting among them.
* Kristin Turcec’s Bad Robot art piece for gallery 1988. I want to be able to paint like that. It really is gorgeous
* A Toy Maker Makes A Toy Maker I love Doctor A’s toys. Steampunky and gorgeous. The teeny toy maker is adorable
* This embroidery pattern set by September House is adorable. Animals and their babies. These are great. I love the simple lines and the the emotion you get in them.
* This Mario Mushroom crochet blanket is fantastic (via sprite stitch)
* Peacock Dragon art by David Revoy is just gorgeous.
* May art opportunities in the Central West NSW on Arts OutWest
* Urban Threads has an embroidery colouring competition
* Molly Crabapple has her artworks from the Shell Game series up for non commercial use under a Creative Commons licence. Even if you don’t want to use them you should go and look. Gorgeous art and interesting social commentary
* Pick the right licence for your photos with this flowchart. Really useful and well laid out.
* How to repeat a pattern basically for making wallpapers, t-shirts or fabric with a repeating pattern. This isn’t too bad a tutorial though I leant about it when designing backgrounds for webpages over a decade ago. Search for tessellation tutorials if this doesn’t help. I want to design some sheep and knitting themed fabric and get it printed by Spoonflower. Just need the time to do it.
* OMG!! This Dalek baby dress is fantastic I want to knit it. I don’t know who for though. Nephew’s parents are geeky enough but have all boys Don’t know if you can see the page if you don’t have a Ravelry account though.
* The Sydney Craft and Quilt Expo is on in June. I’m wondering if it’s worth going while we’re down visiting friends for my birthday. I’d love to see what’s there but I don’t know if we can really afford it as we’ll be paying for dog boarding. Also it’s a lot of walking and a lot of crowds. I don’t do well with the first and Ruth doesn’t do well with the second.
* Top 5 stretches for knitting pain relief. Also be great for people who stitch, game, type or draw a lot.
ART AND DISABILITY
* PossABLE Ideas Expo was on in Newcastle this weekend. I’m really disappointed I couldn’t go. Partly because I’d love to find out what’s available and partly because Tim Ferguson was MC
* Arts Access Australia has funds available to assist delegates with disability to attend the Arts and Disability Meeting Place event being held in Tasmania on the 19th June. The purpose of this bursary is to provide successful applicants with a contribution of up to $500 towards travel and accommodation costs associated with attending the event. Applications due 10th May 2013.
* In 2013 Riverside Theatre and Beyond the Square are again opening up TWO opportunities for artists who identify as having disability to have their works exhibited in the foyer exhibition space at Riverside Theatres.
* Myer made tasteless comments about how they weren’t happy about the $300 tax levy for the National Disability Insurance Scheme because it was $300 that could have been spent at their store This article talks about how they messed up while handling it and underestimated Social Media.
(warning verbal tics have been included in the text and they do include swearing)
* First Braille smartphone could hit stores this year How awesome is this?