* Novelist David Mitchell looks back on the heartbreak – and joy – of learning that his son had autism. And an extract from the book ‘The Reason I Jump’ by Naoki Higashida, translated by David.
* Meet Thelma… and Louise, the Baby Two-headed Texas River Cooter Adorable turtle that seems to be doing well.
* Fibre Art Specimens a look at some gorgeous science based fibre art compiled by Magpie & Whiskeyjack.
* Five must see tutorials for getting started in Machine Embroidery I’d love to be able to get an embroidery machine. I’d like to digitize my own art but I also love the designs you can get at Urban Threads. I don’t have the space or the money though so for now I dream.
I’d love to stitch these gorgeous butterflies on the back of a hoodie
* These Photoshop and Illustrator tips on Threadless are really useful
* I wish I could afford a blog/webpage designed by Bakercourt
* The needle felted art by ex-soldier Kiyoshi Mino is amazing.
* This tutorial on making a screen print from an embroidery hoop and water proof glue by Reasonably Gumi has given me loads of ideas I want to try out.
* This Peacock Dragon art by David Revoy is amazing
* A gorgeous crochet Mario Bros blanket
* A Toy Maker Makes A Toy Maker by Doktor A. “It is glorious! Just look at the intricate detail of this robot toy maker making more toys at his trusty workbench with a plethora of spectacles. The tiny details, from the miniature glass dome to the tiny bench clamp are absolutely fantastic.” Gorgeously steampunk as usual from Doktor A. I love his stuff.
* Cake Wrecks: Sunday Sweets – Video Games theme Not sure I’ve played all of these but the cakes are amazing.